The BetYou Team wins Best Digital Startup at Eircom Spider Awards!
BullorBear are delighted to announce that we have won Best Digital Startup at this years Eircom Spider Awards. This award recognises the most innovative website launched in the last twelve months, and had a total of 8 nominees competing for the title.
Recently selected as one of the 2013 Alpha Startups at the Dublin Web Summit, BullorBear Leagues has been going from strength to strength throughout Ireland.
Having only officially launched their first product a little over 2 months ago, the team has been working non-stop to ensure that users get the best possible social gaming experience out there, and this award goes a long way in justifying that hard work.
The Eircom Spiders awards 2013 gathered together the most important figures in the technology, online and digital media, as well as non-profit and the corporate sector. The awards recognise Irish businesses and community organisations for their creativity and innovation and provide an important opportunity to showcase online excellence.
We were also shortlisted for two other Eircom Spider awards on the night including Best Sports website award, which recognises the most innovative Sport website of 2013 and the User Experience award, which rewards best practice in user-centred digital-development. Despite not winning in these categories, it is still a great honor to be listed alongside some great Irish companies that are carving new paths in the Irish digital world.
Sport Changes Life piped us to the post in the Sports award and the Belfast based company also scooped the much-coveted Grand Prix award. Irish Water were the winners in the best user experience category.
Paddy Cosgrave was awarded an “Outstanding Achievement” award for his ongoing work to promote Ireland. Paddy’s work has firmly placed Ireland on the “Digital Map” and the award recognises the vast contribution that Paddy and the Web Summit have made to Ireland’s digital economy.
Some of the BullorBear team with Paddy Cosgrave, winner of the Outstanding Achievement Award
Eamonn and Brian Fallon scooped the ‘Internet Hero’ award for their work in creating two of Ireland’s most successful online ventures: Daft.ie and thejournal.ie and for their outstanding success in the online industry.
The winner of the eircom Spider Business’ Choice Award, as voted by the public, was Tenderscout, while Chris Jones, Digital Marketing lead with RaboDirect and Owner of TheEffect.net was presented with the Digital Future Star award.
Winners of the 2013 eircom Spider Awards:
- TRAVEL, TOURISM & HOSPITALITY: My Golf Society
- NON-PROFIT: Adtruism
- RETAIL: Linwoods Heath Foods
- eBUSINESS: Funked Up Fixies
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Electric Ireland
- CAMPAIGN: Electric Ireland (powering kindness)
- NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT: TV3 Showpal
- WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT: Webfactory
- SPORTS: Sport Changes Life
- LISTINGS: Bandpages
- USER EXPERIENCE: Irish Water
- MOBILE APP: Irish First Aid App
- INNOVATIVE USE OF TECH: Lyons on Pause
- DIGITAL START-UP: BullorBear
- CLOUD EXCELLENCE: Bizimply
- ELEARNING & EDUCATION: Hibernia College
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Cuckoo Events
- IRISH ARTS, HERITAGE & CULTURE: Century Ireland
- DIGITAL GEOGRAPHY: Scoilnet Maps
- IRISH LANGUAGE: Litriocht.com
- FINANCIAL SERVICES: Linked Finance PP Lending
- INTERNET HERO: Eamonn & Brian Fallon
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT: Paddy Cosgrave
- GRAND PRIX: Sport Changes Life
- BUSINESS CHOICE: Tenderscout
- DIGITAL FUTURE STAR: Chris Jones