Debit cards such as Visa and Mastercard are accepted by most online bookmakers. Many punters in Ireland consider this to be the default payment method.
Card payments of this nature deduct money directly from your bank account. They are generally processed instantly and without any additional fees applied.
- Pros: Processed instantly, brands you can trust.
- Cons: Not as secure as e-Wallets.
Available at: 22bet, bwin, FansBet, 10bet, Boylesports, Casumo, TonyBet, NetBet, Betvictor and Slottica.
Also known as e-Wallets, this payment method features enhanced levels of security to keep your personal details away from prying eyes.
Digital wallet options such as PayPal, ecoPayz, Skrill and Neteller have become synonymous with the betting industry in recent years.
- Pros: Increased levels of security, fast withdrawals.
- Cons: Some bookmakers don’t offer popular e-wallets such as PayPal.
Available at: 22bet*, bwin, FansBet*, 10bet*, Boylesports, Casumo, TonyBet, Netbet, Betvictor and Slottica.
*PayPal not available.
Several leading online bookies in Ireland now accept popular mobile payment options such as Google Pay and Apple Pay.
These allow users to make safe and secure contactless purchases on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Pros: Hugely convenient, enhanced security.
- Cons: Not available at all online bookmakers.
Available at: bwin, 10bet, Boylesports, Casumo and NetBet.
Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are a decentralised digital currency that operate outside the traditional banking system.
The peer-to-peer network utilises blockchain technology to allow punters to make payments without sharing any of their details with the betting site.
- Pros: No personal information is shared with the bookie, some sites offer exclusive crypto bonuses.
- Cons: Many people remain wary about using Bitcoin betting sites.
Available at: 22bet.
Open banking methods such as Trustly have become hugely popular with bettors on mainland Europe and have been tipped to become more prevalent in Ireland.
Trustly allows users to make digital payments directly from their bank account. It uses the same secure encryption technology as major banks.
- Pros: One of the safest payment methods around, extremely convenient.
- Cons: Only offered by selected bookmakers in Ireland.
Available at: 10bet.