If you’re looking for detailed and honest reviews of the best online betting sites in Ireland then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve tested the best Irish betting sites and have put together a comprehensive guide on how to find the most reliable and trustworthy operators.
Sign up bonusBet €10 and get €20 free bet *T&C ApplyGreat mobile experience Football betting Choice of markets Live bettingCasumoBet Now
Sign up bonus100% Bonus up to €150 bonus code: 150BONUS *T&C ApplyEnhanced odds Bonuses & promotions Giving Back Live bettinFansbetBet Now
Sign up bonus100% up to 100€ first deposit bonus for sport betting *T&C ApplyVast array of sports Last minute bets feature 24/7 customer support Solid range of payment optionsTonybetBet Now
Sign up bonus€30 in free bets and spins *T&C ApplyGreat live betting Ongoing promotions Horse racing live streaming Comprehensive statistics sectionNetbetBet Now
Sign up bonusGet the 200% Gift *T&C ApplyAn impressively wide variety of sports and markets Cash out, quick bet and live streaming features. A user-friendly interface and good customer service options. Great focus on popular sports in Ireland, including GAASlotticaBet Now
Sign up bonusWelcome Bonus 100% up to €150 *T&C ApplyA spectacular variety of sports and markets Consistently competitive odds, and sometimes the best around Lots of innovative promotions and bonuses A fantastic variety of banking options and good payout times22betBet Now
Sign up bonus100% Matched Bet Bonus up to €100 *T&C ApplyImpressive coverage of Gaelic Football, Hurling and Soccer Easy Navigation Plenty of In-Play Betting Opportunities Very Competitive Odds on Horse Racing and SoccerBetvictorBet Now
Sign up bonusSign up to Get your €20 Backup Bet *T&C ApplyImpressive and reliable live streaming service Plenty of in-play betting opportunities Wide range of deposit methods Competitive odds on popular sports such as football and tennisBwinBet Now
Sign up bonus100% up to €100 welcome bonus *T&C ApplyA huge variety of sports, including all those beloved to bettors in Ireland 10bet love a promotion, and there are loads of free bet offers Lots of features including bet builder, bet calculator, fast markets, stats and live scores and a VIP club. In-play is particularly strong The full array of banking, customer support and security services to bring it all together10BetBet Now
Sign up bonusBet €10 Get €50 *T&C Apply IRE/NI new customers only. Min stake €/£10. Min odds Evs. Free Bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. Free Bets expire in 7 days. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP address only. Payment method restrictions. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. T&Cs apply.A real focus on sports that Irish punters love Plenty of attractive promotions and bonuses, especially on accas Lots of features including live streaming, results and live score, bet builders and even a loyalty programme Great customer support and banking options to complete the setBoylesportsBet Now
Who We Are and Why Trust Us?
We are an independent site who have meticulously tested and analysed every aspect of the most popular online Irish betting sites. We have years of experience in the industry and know exactly what Irish punters are looking for when it comes to deciding whether to open an account with one of the numerous online bookies in Ireland. We are passionate about ensuring that Irish punters are treated fairly and can enjoy one of our favourite pastimes; betting on sport! We’ve spent a number of months putting together a comprehensive set of reviews which will focus on all of the crucial factors such as the generosity of the welcome bonus, the range of deposit methods and the variety of betting markets.
How Have We Chosen Our Betting Sites?
Have you ever thought about what you want from bookies in Ireland? There is plenty of choice when it comes to betting sites in Ireland, however, they haven’t all made the cut. We’ve tested all of the most popular bookmakers in Ireland including the new betting sites and marked them based on our user experience.
There are many Irish punters who are less than satisfied with operator, however, by reading our reviews, you can avoid falling into any of these pitfalls. By reading our comprehensive analysis, you’ll be able to narrow down the field and work out which Irish betting site is the best fit for your sports betting needs.
We’ve left no stone unturned in our quest for perfection. Here is a list of some of the most important aspect that have been analysed by our experts:
- Generosity of the Welcome Bonus
- Range of Deposit Methods
- Accessibility of Customer Support
- Variety of Sports Betting Markets
- Additional Features such as Cash Out and Live Streaming
- In-Play Betting Options
- Ease of Navigation and Usability of the App
Top Online Betting Sites
We’ve put together a comprehensive list of the highest ranked Irish betting sites. You can read our complete and detailed reviews which include details on how to sign up for an account and how to take advantage of the welcome bonus. With many of these Irish bookmakers also offering punters the chance to play at their online casino, we’ve also included details of the most popular slots and table games.
22Bet entered the Irish market in 2018 and promises to offer punters a wide variety of sports markets. Of all of the Irish betting sites, 22Bet is arguably the best bookmaker for football fans as it offers an encyclopedic selection of leagues and competitions as well as reasonably competitive odds. Other sports haven’t been sidelined with Gaelic Football, Horse Racing and Rugby Union also featuring prominently. With 24/7 live chat available and an impressive range of deposit methods, including Bitcoin, 22Bet has something for everyone and the pros far outweigh the cons. You can find out more and read our complete review here.
- Top Features: Live In-Play Betting, Regular Promotions and Bonuses for Existing Users, Cash Out.
- Likes – Vast array of sports betting markets, good range of in-play betting opportunities, impressive array of deposit methods and customer support options
- Dislikes – Lack of live streaming, low welcome bonus.
- Bonuses: 100% Welcome Bonus up to €122
- Sports and Betting Markets: Football, Rugby Union, Horse Racing, eSports, NFL, Politics and TV Specials.
Having originally started life as an online casino, Casumo launched their online sportsbook back in 2018. Since then, it has gone from strength-to-strength and despite being one of the newer Irish betting sites, it has established a reputation for offering an enjoyable sports betting service. Having embraced increasingly growing trends such as eSports, Casumo appears to be keeping up with demand and with 30+ different sports to choose from, you are unlikely to be left disappointed by their offering.
- Top Features: Cash Out, 24/7 Live Chat, In-Play Betting
- Likes – Excellent range of sports betting opportunities, 24/7 customer support, wide range of deposit methods, eSports betting.
- Dislikes – Lack of live streaming, occasionally clunky navigation, very few ongoing promotions for existing users.
- Bonuses: Bet €10 and Get a €20 Free Bet
- Sports and Betting Markets: Football, Horse Racing, eSport, Golf, Cricket, Tennis, Motor Racing.
Bwin has over two decades of experience and their sportsbook has been serving Irish punters since 1999. Their site is delightfully simple to navigate and their mobile app is one of the best in the business. Bwin takes sports betting extremely seriously and there are loads of markets to choose from. They are particularly strong when it comes to live betting and the addition of a live streaming service is a fantastic resource for Irish punters who enjoy wagering once the action has got underway. Although their welcome bonus could be better, there is more than enough to keep you satisfied here.
- Top Features: Cash Out, Live Streaming, Enhanced Odds, Edit My Bet
- Likes – Live streaming and excellent live betting, high-quality mobile app, wide range of deposit options including Apple Pay.
- Dislikes – Disappointing welcome bonus, lack of ongoing promotions for existing users.
- Bonuses: €20 Back-Up Bet
- Sports and Betting Markets: Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Gaelic Football, Motorsports
Boylesports is one of the most renowned online betting sites in Ireland and has a longstanding reputation for being one of the most trustworthy names on the market. Although they don’t anything particularly flashy, Boylesports has become one of the most reliable options when it comes to wagering on sports due to its simplicity and wide range of markets. If you’re a less experienced sports bettor, Boylesports comes highly recommended due to its sensible layout and the ease of navigation. Although the bonus restrictions were a little frustrating, there is plenty to like about this Irish online bookmaker.
- Top Features: Live Betting, Cash Out, Speedy Withdrawals
- Likes – Ease of navigation, wide variety of sports betting markets, fantastic in-play options, 24/7 customer support.
- Dislikes – Too many restrictions on the welcome bonus
- Bonuses: Bet €10 and Get €40 in Free Bets
- Sports and Betting Markets: Football, Hurling, Gaelic Football, Horse Racing, Cricket, Tennis.
Fansbet is owned by Rush Gaming Ltd and has only recently established itself in Ireland. However, during that short period, it has become one of the exciting betting sites in Ireland and can boast thousands of satisfied players. As a sports betting platform, it is difficult to find any negatives here. There are hundreds of live betting events available each and every day with a plethora of markets to choose from. The App is stylish and easy to navigate and makes it easy to place an on-the-go wager. Small details such as offering you the chance to win free bets in weekly free-to-play predictor competitions are the extra touches which have helped this newcomer to become a firm fan favourite in such a short space of time.
- Top Features: In-Play Betting, Free To Play Competitions, Cash Out, Acca Boosts.
- Likes – Wide variety of sports betting markets, App is easy to use and install, additional features such as Acca boosts and free-to-play competitions.
- Dislikes – Lack of live streaming.
- Bonuses: 100% Bonus Up to €150
- Sports and Betting Markets: Football, NFL, Basketball, Tennis, Motor Racing, Cricket, Aussie Rules.
Surprisingly, 10Bet has been in existence since 2003, although it has only really started to make an impact on Irish punters in the last half decade. 10Bet prides itself on offering the complete sports betting experience and with a fantastic range of markets and standout odds, they certainly live up to that promise. With regular boosts on Accas and other key markets, you are unlikely to find better value elsewhere. Its live betting page is fantastic and the fact that they now offer eSports betting has enabled them to appeal to a wider range of Irish punters. 10Bet may not have the reputation of some its peers, however, they are one of the best Irish betting sites if you’re serious about wagering on sport.
- Top Features: Cash Out, In Play Betting, Acca Boosts, Exclusive Odds Boosts
- Likes – Fast and simple to navigate, competitive odds, great range of sports and markets available
- Dislikes – Lack of live streaming
- Bonuses: 100% Bonus Up to €100
- Sports and Betting Markets: Gaelic Football, Football, Cricket, NFL, Tennis, Horse Racing, eSports, UFA/MMA
Top Betting Site Features
Every Irish betting site will have a number of features which help to make your experience far more pleasurable. Although many online betting sites will share these features, they tend to vary when it comes to quality. We’ve put together a list of some of the most important features to look out for when choosing which Irish bookmaker to sign up to.
- Cash Out – enables you to collect your winnings at any point during the event. With most bookmakers, you can cash out either part of all of your winnings. This is a great way of capitalising on the fact that your bet is in a winning position.
- Live Streaming – allows to watch a number of live events whilst simultaneously betting in-play. As long as you meet the qualifying criteria, you’ll be able to sit back and enjoy high profile events such as the German Bundesliga, NBA and ATP Tennis events. It is a great way to analysing the action and often tells you a far more detailed story than the statistics.
- In-Play – Although every online bookmaker tends to offer live betting opportunities, it is important to pick online betting sites which offer a wide range of leagues and competitions. This will enhance your enjoyment of watching a live sporting event as you can wager on markets such as ‘next goal’, ‘next try-scorer’ or ‘second quarter betting’.
- Accumulator Boosts – Accumulators are a hugely popular way to bet and they are particularly prominent at the weekend. Many online betting sites offer you the chance to boost your odds OR they may provide much-improved value on selected pre-determined accumulators.
It’s always important to make sure that your chosen bookmaker offers a wide range of markets. It’s handy to know that you can pick from numerous different leagues and competitions and explore a multitude of bets within that,
Sports, leagues and markets
Having a wide variety of sports markets is vitally important to the betting experience. Most sports enthusiasts in Ireland will be interested in a variety of sports and best Irish betting sites should offer you the chance to wager on a variety of leagues and competitions on a daily basis.
Leagues and Competitions
You’d expect most Irish bookmakers to cover popular competitions such as the Champions League and the NFL. However, the best betting sites will offer a far greater selection of wagering opportunities than this. You should look favourably on betting sites which offer the chance to bet on second or third tier divisions AND provide odds on variety of different sports. For example, not every betting sites offers eSports or Winter Olympics.
Although you may predominantly stick to one type of bet, it’s important to check whether your chosen betting site offers a wide variety of options. Accumulators are always popular, however, other multiples such as a Trixie, Heinz and Canadian can be a great way of mixing up your multiples. If you’re a fan of betting on horse racing or greyhound racing, you’ll also want the chance to be able to explore the each-way and place markets as well as straight and reverse forecasts.
Welcome Bonuses and Promotions
One of the first thing you should look for before signing up for an account is whether they offer bonuses, offers and promotions. These are an extremely important aspect of choosing a betting site as they will give you the chance to earn rewards and will make you feel like a valued customer.
This is a sign-up bonus which is often triggered once you have completed your registration. Most welcome bonuses come in the form of a percentage of your first deposit. For example: 100% bonus up to €50. In this instance, if you deposit €50, you will receive an additional €50 to use on any sports betting markets. These welcome bonuses are a superb way of getting started, however, they often come with terms and conditions attached, so it’s important to check the small print (for example, you may only have seven days to use your bonus money)
This is a really popular type of bonus, and although it isn’t as common as many others, it does allow you to enjoy a free bet on the house. Some Irish bookmakers will offer free bets to existing customers as part of a loyalty scheme whereas others may offer these in conjunction with major sporting events such as the Super Bowl.
Some Irish betting offer loyalty bonuses which reward you for placing regular sports bets. You may have to opt in to receive these.
Throughout the course of the year, online Irish betting sites tend to offer various promotions to their players. These can often coincide with major sporting events such as the start of the FIFA World Cup or the Wimbledon final. These will often be advertised on the bookmaker’s website or be outlined in an email. Many of these promotions are season, however, some online sportsbook may have ongoing offers such as accumulator boosts or additional places on televised horse races.
Free bets are fantastic and some bookmakers will sporadically offer them to their players. These can be triggered in a variety of ways and they are a fantastic way of betting without risking your hard-earned cash. It’s always important to check the terms and conditions, however, most free bets can be used on any sports market.
Once you’ve signed up for an account, you’ll be keen to make your first deposit, receive your welcome bonus and start betting!
Luckily, it is incredibly straightforward to get started and the majority of Irish betting sites offer a wide variety of deposit methods. Although you’ll probably mostly stick to one deposit method, it’s important to choose a bookmaker which offers multiple methods as your financial situation may change.
- Debit Card – All online bookmakers will offer you the chance to make a deposit using your debit card. This is an extremely simple and straightforward and your account will be funded immediately. It is also possible to make a withdrawal using this method. It is completely safe to make a deposit using your debit card although it’s always best to check that your chosen bookmaker has SSL Encryption technology in place before making the transaction.
- Bank Transfer – Many online bookmakers also accept direct bank transfers. This is often used by high-rolling punters who wish to deposit significant amounts. Although this is a great way of funding your account, there is often 2-3 day wait for the process to be completed.
- E-wallets – Depositing using e-wallets has become increasingly popular in recent years and it is a quick and easy way to fund your betting account. Using e-wallets such as PayPal and Neteller does not require any of your debit card details to be stored on the bookmaker’s database and withdrawals made using this method are often completed within 24 hours.
- Apple Pay – The popularity of Apple Pay has really exploded in recent years and fortunately many Irish betting sites have added this to their extensive list of deposits. It is a quick and easy way of funding your account using your iPhone device. Deposits are immediate, however, it is only available to iOS users and you cannot make withdrawals using this method.
In order to make your initial deposit, you must sign up for an account. It is possible to sign up for an account using either the desktop site or the mobile app. The sign-up process takes a matter of minutes and once you’ve registered, you will qualify for the welcome bonus.
Mobile App 📱 and Desktop Site 💻
The rise of smartphones has allowed us to enjoy a variety of apps, and as a result, sports betting apps have become increasingly popular with Irish sports fans. Most Irish betting sites have their own app and these can be easily downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. These can be downloaded and installed in a matter of minutes. If you don’t fancy downloading the app (they can use up plenty of memory), then it’s also possible to access the site using a web browser such as Safari.
The app allows you to place pre-match and live betting bets wherever you are. As long as you have a reasonably strong 4G connect or you’re connected to the WiFi, you’ll be able to access the same great range of markets. You’ll also qualify for the welcome bonus if you sign up using the app and some online bookmakers may have special offers for those who frequently wager on their Smartphone or Tablet.
You can also enjoy live streaming using the mobile app and take advantage of other great features such as Bet Boost, Enhanced Accumulators and Cash Out.
To download a sportsbook app, you can follow the link from their desktop site or you can simply type in the name of your preferred bookmaker into your preferred app store.
Safety, Security and Licensing
It is perfectly legal to place a sports bet in Ireland. The majority of online bookmakers have world-class security systems in place and deploy SSL encryption technology to help protect user details.
There are a number of regulators who oversee the bookmaker practices and they help ensure fair play. They make sure that the sports betting is acting fairly and is giving you the best possible service. They will issue fines if the correct procedures are not put in place, and if promises are not kept.
Knowing that an online bookmaker is fully licensed and regulated is reassuring and it’s always best to opt for a trusted and established name if you have any concerns about the legality of a sportsbook.
How to Open An Account
Opening an account with an online bookmaker could not be simpler. You can register on either the desktop or by using the mobile app.
- Click the ‘register’ or ‘sign up’ button which is usually located at the top of the site or app
- Submit your details including first name, address and email address. You may also be asked to confirm your preferred currency and to set up an additional security question
- Once you receive a confirmation email, follow the instructions in order to verify your account
- You are ready to make your first deposit and start betting!
How to place a bet
Once you’ve signed up and your account has been funded, you’ll undoubtedly want to place your wager. It is an incredibly simple process. Most online bookmakers will have an A-Z of sports (usually located on the left hand side of the home page) and they will often promote major events such as the Premier League or the weekend’s NFL action.
Once you have found your preferred market, you can simply click the odds and this will be automatically added to your betting slip. Once you’re happy with your bet, you’ll be asked to enter your stake and preferred bet type (doubles, trebles, Trixie etc). Once this has been completed, you’ll be able to confirm your bet and sit back and enjoy all of the action.
Strategies and Betting Tips
Once you’ve signed up for an account and you’ve placed your first bet, it’s time to keep your fingers crossed and hope that your wager is successful. Although there is a fascinating unpredictability to live sport, there are a number of things that you can do to increase your chances of winning.
- If you’re betting on a live betting market, make sure you watch the match. With live streaming offered by a large number of online betting sites, you’ll be able to follow all of the action from major competitions and tournaments. This can offer a far more accurate picture of the unfolding events and far more likely to result in winning bets than simply using the statistics.
- Take advantage of accumulator and horse racing price boosts. Even professional punters don’t get it right every time so you can’t expect every bet to be a winning one. However, if you are to profit from your successful predictions, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve got the best possible price. By taking advantage of daily boosts, you’ll enjoy a far greater return on those all-important winning bets.
- Pay attention to the market. Although it isn’t always 100% accurate, it’s always a good idea to look at the market and decipher the movement of odds. Bookmakers will generally shorten the odds on a bet which is proving popular so it’s always best to take a step back and investigate the level of support. This may either persuade you to join in, or perhaps dissuade you from parting with your hard-earned cash. The movements are caused by a variety of factors including injury news, weather or simply a positive word from a trainer of jockey.
Customer support is a vitally important component of an online bookmaker’s product. It is designed to put your mind at ease if you happen to encounter a problem. It is particularly comforting for new punters to know that they can ask questions if things aren’t going according to plan.
Customer support comes in a variety of forms including live chat. This is the most popular way of conversing as it often provides instant responses and is a quick and simple way of resolving ongoing issues. Some bookmakers only operate during daylight hours, however, the majority of betting sites now offer live chat 24/7. It is relatively simple to locate and is usually found on the home page under ‘live chat’ or ‘help’.
Bookmakers also offer support via social media and there is often an email address or telephone number on the website.
The most common queries often tend to focus on bonus terms and conditions and the voiding of bets.
Is online betting legal in Ireland?
Can I sign up for multiple online bookmakers?
Are betting sites in Ireland safe?
Do I have to pay tax on my winnings?
Can I sign up and make a deposit on the iOS or Android devices?