They often say that the best things in life are free. Well, if you enjoy betting on sports then you’ll be delighted to know that there are loads of free bets and bonuses currently waiting for you. Many online Irish bookmakers offer generous-looking free bets which are available right now. Here at betyou.ie, we’ll tell you how to find and claim your free sports bet.
Free Bets Sites in Ireland
IRE/NI new customers only. Min stake €/£10. Min odds Evs. Free Bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. Free Bets expire in 7 days. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP address only. Payment method restrictions. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. T&Cs apply.
How to Choose the Best Betting Sites and Free Bets
Most online bookmakers and betting sites in Ireland currently offer some form of free bet or welcome bonuses to all new customers. Although many Irish sportsbooks also offer incentives to existing customers, the best free bets tend to be reserved for those who sign up for an account.
Deciding which bookmaker to sign up to can be a tricky and complex process and although there are a number of factors to consider, the value of the free bet is one of the most important incentives when it comes to attracting new customers.
Although it can be tempting to simply opt for the most generous free bet offers, there are a number of things to consider. It’s always best to check the terms and conditions and make sure that you’re happy to proceed.
For example, some bookies in Ireland only give you seven days to spend your bonus funds and if you have €100 in free bets to use in such a short space of time, you may end up losing half of your free money. Make sure you have enough time to enjoy your welcome bonus and that you don’t feel rushed.
Whether you’re claiming your free bets using the desktop site or one of the many betting apps, it’s always best to pick an online bookmaker which doesn’t offer too many restrictions when it comes to wagering. Once you’ve received your bonus money, you’ll be asked to turn over your bonus a number of times before you can withdraw any winnings. 20x or 30x is doable, however, if you’re being asked to wager 40x or 50x your bonus, it may take months before you can finally receive your cash.
Finally, it’s strongly advised to check for other restrictions. For example, free bets betting sites will only allow you to use your bonus money on certain markets or wager at minimum odds (2/1 for example). Other betting sites in Ireland may only allow you to use your free bet on accumulators or multiples.
Types of Free Bet in Ireland ☘️
Although many of the best free bet offers are similar, there are a number of different free bets currently offered by online bookmakers in Ireland. We take a look at some of the most popular options.
- Matched Free Bet – This is one of the most popular free bets. In this case, online bookmakers will match your first bet so if you place a €10 wager on the NFL, you’ll receive a €10 free bet in your account once your initial bet has settled.
- Deposit Bonus – This tends to be the most common free bet and tends to be offered by most new betting sites in Ireland. You will receive a free bonus based on how much your deposit into your account. For example, if you sign up for a bookmaker who are offering 100% matched deposit and place €20 into your account, you’ll be rewarded with €20 in free bets. This will be credited to your account upon placing your first bet.
- Risk Free Bet – This is a welcome bonus which helps to ensure that you make a winning start with your chosen bookmaker. It is currently offered by a handful of bookmakers including bwin and if your first bet is a loser, they will refund it. For example if you bet €20 on the 2:45 at Leopardstown and your chosen horse finishes third, you’ll receive a free €20 bet once the race has concluded. However, if your first bet is successful, you do not receive anything.
- Bet X And Get Y – This is offered by some Irish bookmakers and requires you to wager a set amount (usually €10 or €20) in order to receive a free €5 or €10 bet.
- No Deposit Free Bets – These are lesser spotted free bets and although some Irish bookies do occasionally offer these type of promotions, they are few and far between. However, they are incredibly popular and do not require you to place a bet or make an initial deposit. You will simply be rewarded for signing up.
Top Betting Site Free Bets and Bonuses
With so many bookies in Ireland competing for custom, there are always plenty of generous welcome bonuses to pick from. We’ve outlined some of the best free bet offers currently on the market:
22Bet have established themselves as one of the best new betting sites in Ireland and they have a suitably generous welcome bonus available to all new players. Upon making your first deposit, 22Bet will match the amount (minimum €5).
One of the great things about this welcome offer is that you only need to wager 5x your bonus on accumulators which is one of the lowest. However, you do only have seven days to complete this process.
Bwin are one of the most trustworthy betting brands in Ireland and they are offering new players the chance to get a €20 Back-Up bet. This ensures that if your first bet loses, you will receive a free bet to the value of your stake. Although this is a relatively popular option, it does mean that you won’t receive any free bets if you’re initial bet is a winner.
Fansbet are one of Ireland’s newest betting sites and they have a suitably generous welcome offer for those who are signing up for an account. You will receive a matched bonus on your first deposit when you use the bonus code 150Bonus. This is one of the best welcome bonuses’ currently on offer and gives you the flexibility to decide whether you want to take full advantage and claim up to €150 of free bets.
This is a decent welcome bonus from a well-established Irish sportsbook. It is very similar to the Fansbet offer and requires an initial deposit of at least €15 in order to qualify. There are a few small restrictions involved including minimum odds on singles 4/5 and 2/5 if you’re including them in multiples. Aside from that, this is a decent way to get started with 10Bet.
Boylesports are one of the trusted and established names in sports betting and their current welcome offer is superb. It is a great way of getting some much-needed free bets and you only have a small deposit of €10 in order to qualify. Unlike other bookmakers where you may have to deposit €40 in order to receive this amount, this is perfect for small-stakes punters.
Bet €10 and Get a €20 Free Bet
Casumo are one of the newest online bookmakers in Ireland are probably best associated with their online casino. However, their sportsbook is very impressive and they are giving you the chance to claim a €20 Free Bet when you sign up and bet €10. Although this isn’t one of the most generous welcome on the market, it is incredibly simply and straightforward and you don’t have to make a significant deposit to fully capitalise on this bonus.
Tonybet have a big reputation throughout Europe and although they haven’t quite cracked the Irish market yet, they have significantly enhanced their reputation as a reliable and trustworthy operator. Their welcome offer is very similar to many of their peers and is a great way of getting a hefty €100 to bet with. This bonus is a great way of getting started with an exciting upcoming bookmaker.
NetBet has been around for almost two decades and although it still remains under-the-radar in Ireland, they have carved out a reputation for providing a comprehensive and exciting sportsbook. However, their welcome bonus is fairly average and it is divided between free bets and spins (€15 each). Unfortunately, there are far better welcome offers currently available.
Bet €10 and Get €25 in Bonuses
Betvictor are a firmly established name in Ireland and have been advertising on Irish TV for many decades. They are a trusted name and their welcome bonus is suitably solid. It isn’t the best free bet available, however, it does what it says on the tin and it is a great way of getting started. The low qualifying bet of €10 is also part of the appeal.
Slottica are one of the newest online sportsbooks to hit the Irish market and they established themselves as far more than just an online casino operator. They have created an enjoyable sportsbook and you can get started with up to €200 in free bets. This is a great welcome offer, however, the minimum bet is currently set at €20. The bonus funds are spread across multiple deposits too so it’s always best to check the Ts and Cs.
How to Claim Free Bets
Although free bets tend to be targeted towards prospective punters, most Irish betting sites offer plenty of incentives to both new and exisiting customers. We’ll show you just how easy it is to claim free bets from many of Ireland’s leading bookmakers.
Although each of the free bets offered by betting sites will have their own Ts and Cs, the majority of these bonuses can be claimed in the same way.
- Select your preferred online betting site
- Sign up for account by submitting your personal details. If you are required to enter a bonus code in order to qualify for your free bet, this is where you will be asked to input the details.
- Make a deposit. If the Ts and Cs of the bonus stipulate that you need to deposit at least €20 then make sure you follow these instructions to ensure that you don’t miss out.
- Place a sports bet on a market of your choice. Once again, if the Ts and Cs specify that you must place this on a specific market or at minimum odds, then make sure you adhere to this.
- Once your sports bet has settled, you will receive your bonus.
Although not every bookmaker tends to reward their existing players, you will find that a number of betting sites occasionally offer free bets to their existing users, particularly ahead of big sporting events such as the Super Bowl or the Cheltenham Festival.
There are a number of things that you need to do in order to ensure that you do not miss out on any of these free bets:
- Opt-in to email correspondence from the bookmaker. Ongoing promotions for exisitng customers will usually be advertised in these
- Keep checking the promotions page of the betting site
- Make sure you click ‘opt in’ to any ongoing promotions or free bets to ensure that you qualify.
Free Bets Terms and Conditions
When claiming your free bets, it’s strongly advised to read the Ts And Cs. This can be a little boring, so we’ve saved you some time by highlighting some of the key information to look for:
- Deposit requirements – Always check that you have made the qualifying deposit. If the bookmaker specifies that you must deposit a minimum €20 in order to qualify then make sure you do this. Free bets are only credited based on your initial deposit, so if you miss your chance, there is no going back!
- Payment Methods – Some online bookmakers will specify that if you fund your account using certain deposit methods (usually e-wallets) you will unfortunately not qualify for the welcome bonus. It is always best to check this before logging onto PayPal or Neteller.
- Minimum Odds – Some bookmakers may specify that your qualifying bet must be placed at minimum odds. This will vary between bookmakers, so it’s always best to check before wagering on a 1/3 shot!
- Bet Types and Markets – This is fairly uncommon, however, in some cases, bookmakers such as 22Bet will insist that you place a qualifying bet on an accumulator or multiple. Other betting sites may insist that you use your free bet on specific sports or markets.
- Expiry Date – When claiming your free bet, it’s always best to check expiry dates. If you sign up and leave your account dormant for a few weeks, you may miss out your free bet as some bookmakers specify that you must make a deposit within 7 days of opening an account. Free bets will also come with an expiry date and you may only have 14 or 30 days to use your bonus money.
Free Bet FAQs
What is a free bet?
Free bets are given out by online sportsbooks to either new or existing customers. Although they tend to vary, they essentially offer you the chance to place a sports bet using the bookmaker’s money.
If I win, do I get to keep the money?
Yes, if you win using your free bet, the winnings will be credited to your account. However, this will not include the stake which will be removed by the bookmaker.
Can I use my free bets on any sport?
In most cases, you will be able to use your free bet on any sports betting market. Some bookmaker may have restrictions, however, generally speaking, free bets can be used on a variety of sporting events and competitions.
Do I have to make a deposit to claim my free bet?
In most cases, you will have to make an initial deposit in order to receive your free bet. However, with some bookmakers, deposits start at a minimum of €5. It’s always best to read the Ts and Cs to see if there is a minimum deposit required. Occasionally, some bookmakers may offer free bets just for signing up, unfortunately, this is a fairly rare occurrence these days.
How long have I got to use my free bet?
In most cases, the bookmaker will set a time frame on how long you have to use your free bet. This can vary and could be anything between 7 and 60 days. Any unused free bets will disappear from your account after this period.
When will my free bet be credited to my account?
This will vary depending on the qualifying criteria. If you are required to make a deposit, then your free bet will appear within 24 hours of funding your account. If you are required to place a bet, then your account will be credited once the qualifying wager has settled.
Can I claim multiple free bets?
No, only one free bet is available per customer. However, some bookmakers offer free bets and other incentives for existing customers so you may also receive free bets further down the line. You can also claim free bets from different online bookmakers in Ireland. Here at Betyou Ireland, we search for the best free bets so it’s always worth keeping an eye on this page.
- Irish Betting sites
- Free Bets Sites in Ireland