Welcome to Betyou Ireland Top bookmakers reviews featuring the very best bookmakers' reviews available to fans in Ireland. We’ve got the full lowdown on the best sports betting reviews including promotions, markets, user friendliness and much more. Our thorough criteria means we can provide extensive top bookmakers' reviews, allowing you to make the most informed choice about who to bet with and why.
Best Bookmakers Reviews in Ireland
IRE/NI new customers only. Min stake €/£10. Min odds Evs. Free Bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. Free Bets expire in 7 days. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP address only. Payment method restrictions. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. T&Cs apply.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, place any sports bet ( odds 2.00+) up to €100 within 7 days of registration. no cash out. Get 100% matched Free Bet up to €100. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Debit Card/Apple Pay payments only.T&Cs Apply. See below gamblingcare.ie | Please gamble responsibly.
What to look for in a Bookmaker Review?
Our top bookmakers reviews, featuring the very best bookmakers' sites, are put together using the criteria that we know matter when deciding which operator to play with. Our criteria is therefore very much what we think anyone should be looking out for from a top sports bookmakers review. Specifically, this is:
- The number and variety of sports and betting markets available to play on.
- The quality, breadth and responsiveness of live betting options on the site.
- The quality and innovativeness of the sports betting offers and promotions that the site has, and whether these can truly add value.
- The quality of the features the site possesses, such as live streaming, stats and results, blogs, opportunities to build bets, cash out and more.
- The competitiveness of the odds the bookmaker provides.
- The user-friendliness and responsiveness.of the site.
- The safety and security of the site, meaning clear and correct licensing, security protocols and responsible gambling practices.
- The availability of suitable deposit and withdrawal methods in banking, and reliability in payout speeds.
- The quality of a site’s customer service functions and the ability to contact the site when required.
Our Recommended Top Bookmakers Reviews
We’ve looked at the criteria that we, and therefore you, should consider when eyeing up the very best sports betting sites. Now it’s time for us to run through a few of our favourites:
- One of the very best horse racing betting sites on the market
- Tonnes of great promotions and bonuses
- An Irish flavour and sporting focus that you’d expect from an Irish bookmaker.
- Live streaming on football and other sports provides
- The full locker of banking, support functions, featured and much more besides.
A new customer exclusive of bet €10 and get €40 in free bets
- One of the very best football betting sites
- Innovative operator ethos giving back to sports and charity-related organisations
- Great for many of the sports popular in Ireland, including rugby, golf, tennis and horse racing.
- Nice features including results and a great sports blog
- Plenty of banking options and first-rate customer service
Get 100% up to €100 as a new user welcome bonus
- An almost unrivalled number of sports and markets to select from
- Incredibly strong on eSports, virtuals and more besides
- A massive variety of banking options available, including crypto options
Get 100% up to €122 as a new user welcome bonus
- An incredibly broad number of sports plus live and pre-event markets
- Fully secure and licenced
- Daily price boosts and other promotions and bonuses
50% matches bonus up to €100 for new customers
- Regularly offers some of the most competitive odds on the market
- Fully UK and Ireland licenced
- User-friendly site and well stocked in terms of customer support and banking options
€20 free bet for new customers placing a qualifying bet of €20
Best sports betting apps
With the majority of sports betting fans now placing bets on mobile devices, sports betting apps have become an integral feature of the best operators. Here we quickly run through some of our favourites:
BoyleSports sports betting app
All the much-loved features of the BoyleSports betting site right there in the palm of your hand. A great focus on sports popular in Ireland couples with all the bonuses of BoyleSports, neatly wrapped up in a user-friendly app that allows fast response times, integral to live betting.
FansBet sports betting app
The full portfolio of FansBet options – including its brilliant football betting coverage – is right there on dedicated Fansbet apps for Android and iOS. A real winner and great for in-play betting.
22bet sports betting app
The dedicated 22bet apps for Android and iOS are jam packed with all of the beloved 22 operator features, such as one of the widest arrays of betting options anywhere on the market, innovative bonuses and Esports options, and even live streaming across sporting events.
How to choose the best bookmaker
Being able to identify the very best sports betting sites is something we take seriously. In order to rate and rank sites, we have compiled a list of criteria that we believe really makes a difference to customers, so we separate the gimmicks from the bona fide benefits. And here they are:
- A wide selection of sports and depth in the betting markets offered on those sports.
- Plenty of bet types that accommodate every style of bettor, from Asian Handicap to individual player specials.
- Bonuses, rewards and promotions that actually put money in players pockets.
- Featured that can truly be used as a befit, such as the live streaming of sports, plus stats services that can help in deciding on a sensible bet to take.
- Responsible gambling measures that are meaningful and not just paying lip service to the requirement.
- Quality of customer service across formats, meaning telephone, email, live chat and proper FAQ sections that give meaningful information.
- Transparency on who the site is owned and operated by, as well as licensing and security details.
- Breadth in deposit and withdrawal methods, and fair transaction times.
- User friendliness and responsiveness on the website and dedicated mobile apps, if there are any. The existence of dedicated apps is a huge bonus.
- A quality live betting service that includes bet building, cash out and fast markets options where possible.
Best Bookmakers’ Offers and Promotions
Nearly every sports betting site – and indeed any site that you should consider – offers a wide variety of betting offers and promotions in order to entice and retain customers. It’s an incredibly competitive market and this works in the punters’ favour by compelling the sports betting sites to offer innovative promotions and offers that will attract attention and really offer value.
The offers available can vary greatly and it’s important to be able to separate the novelty bonuses from those that really can improve your betting experience and financial returns. Bonuses to look out for include:
- Best odds guaranteed, as offered by the very best horse racing betting sites, including BoyleSports.
- Acca boosts which improve returns on multibets. A good example is that offered by 22bet and Netbet.
- Rehgualr bet boosts which provide increased odds (and therefore returns) on your bets. Netbet is a good example here.
- New customer bonuses, such as the 100% welcome bonus offered by 22bet.
- Reload bonuses, such as those offered by 22bet, which provide additional value every time you make a deposit.
- Bonuses on a streak of losing bets or a rebate bonus, as offered by 22bet.
- Regular free bet offers, such as those offered by Fansbet
- New customer offers focused on special events, such as BoyleSports Cheltenham offer.
- Acca loyalty bonuses, such as BoyleSports’ promotion
- Live in-play boosts such as those offered by Casumo on live combination bets.
And much more besides.
How to bet with the best sports bookmakers' reviews
Any information about the best bookmakers reviews must include information about how to bet with the best sports betting sites, and at Betyou Ireland we don’t let you down.
Once you have opened your account there are particular considerations you must take into account before adding a bet to your betting slip. Clicking on a particular selection will automatically add the bet to your slip, and which stage you can select the amount you would like to stake, and your calculated return will be shown. This is true both on desktop sites and apps, which of course allow a smooth betting experience on mobile.
So when choosing your bet, these are the important factors to think about:
Markets, Bet Types, Odds
Any sports betting site worth its salt will have a wide variety of markets, bet types and competitive odds. Indeed, to qualify for our list of best bookmakers in Ireland, these are non-negotiables. But what exactly are we talking about?
Markets are the options available on a particular sport. For example, the best horse racing betting sites in Ireland won’t just offer up odds on the big events such as Cheltenham, Punchestown, the Grand National and so on, but will provide options to bet on races around the world on a daily basis. That’s what we mean when we talk about market depth.
Markets also refer to the options you have on any particular event. So, if we take a big football match, for example, we know we will get a chance to bet on who will win, but what about the exact score, or how many corners there will be. The best sites can offer literally hundreds of markets on the biggest events, so you can dig deep for the bet that might just bring a healthy return.
Bet types in turn refer to the different types of bet you have available on the markets. For example, on a football match, you may be able to place a 1x2 bet (win, draw or lose) but what about handicap options when you give a team a goal start. Again there are an eye-watering number of great options on the best sites, and these also provide options to dig our value.
Finally there are odds. Some of the biggest bookmakers know they don’t have to offer much value in their odds because they already have the customers. But if you shop around, you can find great variations on odds for the same outcome, and this really allows you to maximise returns. Can you further improve those odds through bet boosts and other types of promotions? Again, our favourite bookmakers regularly provide these times of options.
What are the rules that you should bear in mind when betting on sports. Well, the first thing to say is that you should check the small print with promotions and bonuses, as sometimes they can be a little more complex than they appear. But other than that, placing bets is a relatively simple process. Never bet more than you can afford, of course, and be aware that any bet can lose. Most of the best sports betting sites now offer the opportunity to cash out your bets early, so keep an eye on this option so you don’t necessarily have to wait for the event to be over before you claim any money.
Here we run through some of the most pressing questions about sports betting and the best sports betting sites:
Which are the best sports betting sites in Ireland?
The answer to what is the best betting site is subjective, but our detailed and extensive criteria ensures the bookmakers that make our list are all first-class operators.
What are the best horse racing betting sites in Ireland?
We love BoyleSports and 22bet, among others. The former is an Irish site that is clearly as passionate about racing as many on the Emerald isle, while the latter has an incredible array of options from races all around the word.
Which are the safest betting sites to play with?
We only recommend sites that are fully licensed and regulated to operate in Ireland, so stick to what’s on our list and you won’t go wrong.
What should I check when choosing a sports betting site?
You should check what is important for you. That means does the bookmaker offer the markets, odds and promotions and features that would improve your betting experience.
What do I need to do to place a bet?
To bet with any sports betting site you will need to register with your personal details including name, address and date of birth. In most cases you will also need to provide proof of identity in order to satisfy Know Your Customer regulations that all bookmakers must follow in order to counter money-laundering practices.
- Irish Betting sites
- betting reviews general